centering a caption under a tableCentering caption under a tableCentering captions under figuresCaption under tableTable and longtable centering and caption alignmentSeparate centering of table number and captiontabu package - gaps in vertical linesToo long vertical lines in table when declarations must remain on distinct linesCentering table caption between two columnsCentering of Table CaptionTable caption centering

PTIJ: Who should I vote for? (21st Knesset Edition)

What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?

How to explain that I do not want to visit a country due to personal safety concern?

How can we have a quark condensate without a quark potential?

Math equation in non italic font

What is the meaning of まっちろけ?

I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?

Are all passive ability checks floors for active ability checks?

Recruiter wants very extensive technical details about all of my previous work

Book: Young man exiled to a penal colony, helps to lead revolution

Describing a chess game in a novel

New passport but visa is in old (lost) passport

The meaning of 振り in 無茶振り

Is there a hypothetical scenario that would make Earth uninhabitable for humans, but not for (the majority of) other animals?

Why do newer 737s use two different styles of split winglets?

Does .bashrc contain syntax errors?

Why is there is so much iron?

When to use a slotted vs. solid turner?

ERC721: How to get the owned tokens of an address

How to pronounce "I ♥ Huckabees"?

Different outputs for `w`, `who`, `whoami` and `id`

If I can solve Sudoku, can I solve the Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP)? If so, how?

Why did it take so long to abandon sail after steamships were demonstrated?

How could an airship be repaired midflight?



centering a caption under a table


Centering caption under a tableCentering captions under figuresCaption under tableTable and longtable centering and caption alignmentSeparate centering of table number and captiontabu package - gaps in vertical linesToo long vertical lines in table when declarations must remain on distinct linesCentering table caption between two columnsCentering of Table CaptionTable caption centering













0















I have a table with two columns and 12 rows.
I require the table to appear on the left hand side of the page (which I can do), however, the caption is centered on the page.
I would like to place the caption underneath the table, and have it centered underneath the table.
The output is shown below.enter image description here



documentclass[12pt,english]article
usepackagecaption
begindocument
begintable[H]
begintabular
hline
Year & Population (millions)tabularnewline
hline
$1900$ & $1650$tabularnewline
$1910$ & $1750$tabularnewline
$1920$ & $1860$tabularnewline
$1930$ & $2070$tabularnewline
$1940$ & $2300$tabularnewline
$1950$ & $2560$tabularnewline
$1960$ & $3040$tabularnewline
$1970$ & $3710$tabularnewline
$1980$ & $4450$tabularnewline
$1990$ & $5280$tabularnewline
$2000$ & $6070$tabularnewline
hline
endtabular
raggedrightcaptionWorld Populationlabeltable1
endtable
enddocument








share


























    0















    I have a table with two columns and 12 rows.
    I require the table to appear on the left hand side of the page (which I can do), however, the caption is centered on the page.
    I would like to place the caption underneath the table, and have it centered underneath the table.
    The output is shown below.enter image description here



    documentclass[12pt,english]article
    usepackagecaption
    begindocument
    begintable[H]
    begintabular
    hline
    Year & Population (millions)tabularnewline
    hline
    $1900$ & $1650$tabularnewline
    $1910$ & $1750$tabularnewline
    $1920$ & $1860$tabularnewline
    $1930$ & $2070$tabularnewline
    $1940$ & $2300$tabularnewline
    $1950$ & $2560$tabularnewline
    $1960$ & $3040$tabularnewline
    $1970$ & $3710$tabularnewline
    $1980$ & $4450$tabularnewline
    $1990$ & $5280$tabularnewline
    $2000$ & $6070$tabularnewline
    hline
    endtabular
    raggedrightcaptionWorld Populationlabeltable1
    endtable
    enddocument








    share
























      0












      0








      0








      I have a table with two columns and 12 rows.
      I require the table to appear on the left hand side of the page (which I can do), however, the caption is centered on the page.
      I would like to place the caption underneath the table, and have it centered underneath the table.
      The output is shown below.enter image description here



      documentclass[12pt,english]article
      usepackagecaption
      begindocument
      begintable[H]
      begintabular
      hline
      Year & Population (millions)tabularnewline
      hline
      $1900$ & $1650$tabularnewline
      $1910$ & $1750$tabularnewline
      $1920$ & $1860$tabularnewline
      $1930$ & $2070$tabularnewline
      $1940$ & $2300$tabularnewline
      $1950$ & $2560$tabularnewline
      $1960$ & $3040$tabularnewline
      $1970$ & $3710$tabularnewline
      $1980$ & $4450$tabularnewline
      $1990$ & $5280$tabularnewline
      $2000$ & $6070$tabularnewline
      hline
      endtabular
      raggedrightcaptionWorld Populationlabeltable1
      endtable
      enddocument








      share














      I have a table with two columns and 12 rows.
      I require the table to appear on the left hand side of the page (which I can do), however, the caption is centered on the page.
      I would like to place the caption underneath the table, and have it centered underneath the table.
      The output is shown below.enter image description here



      documentclass[12pt,english]article
      usepackagecaption
      begindocument
      begintable[H]
      begintabular
      hline
      Year & Population (millions)tabularnewline
      hline
      $1900$ & $1650$tabularnewline
      $1910$ & $1750$tabularnewline
      $1920$ & $1860$tabularnewline
      $1930$ & $2070$tabularnewline
      $1940$ & $2300$tabularnewline
      $1950$ & $2560$tabularnewline
      $1960$ & $3040$tabularnewline
      $1970$ & $3710$tabularnewline
      $1980$ & $4450$tabularnewline
      $1990$ & $5280$tabularnewline
      $2000$ & $6070$tabularnewline
      hline
      endtabular
      raggedrightcaptionWorld Populationlabeltable1
      endtable
      enddocument






      tables captions





      share












      share










      share



      share










      asked 7 mins ago









      Anthony MacksAnthony Macks

      1378




      1378




















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "85"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: false,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: null,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f479888%2fcentering-a-caption-under-a-table%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f479888%2fcentering-a-caption-under-a-table%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          strTok function (thread safe, supports empty tokens, doesn't change string)String case reverse function in CGet line from string functionTDD: String Calculator KataC - K&R getint() variationSimple function to generate an HTML-safe stringGeneric Pairing Heap PerformancePattern for writing a generic string transformation functionChange a string into a function/def activatorC++ string tokenizing without streams, with certain conditionsRead consecutive blanks in array

          How to write “ä” and other umlauts and accented letters in bibliography?Accents in BibTeXSorting references with special characters alphabeticallyUse ae ligature in bibliographyEastern European nameInverted circumflex in BibTexBibTex, non-ascii initials and nameptr fproblems with accent in LatexHow to add a Ø to my bibliography from Jabref?References without accentsTroubles when trying to cite St“omer-Verlet in ”title" field of a bib entryComprehensive list of accented charactersHow to type the letter “i” with two dots (diaeresis) in math mode?Problem with glossary text and accented lettersSpecial character in bibliographyAccented letters, Unicode and LaTeX accentsHow to stop natbib from modifying bibliography styleCitation of a paper with non-standard characters by BibtexWrite accented characters to file using writeHow to group the bibliography alphabetically, if some surnames start with “accented” characters?How can I automatically capitalize significant words in my bibliography?

          Title of papers that have not been submitted to a venue?How “submitted”, “to appear”, “accepted” papers are evaluated in a CV?What percentage of papers submitted to a conference or journal have been previously rejected in the same or another venue?How to automatically extract submitted/accepted dates of many journal papers?Is it okay/common/good to mention the submitted papers in my phd thesis?Can one determine whether somebody's work may have been plagiarized?How to describe a paper for which you have not yet submitted revisions in CV?JCR publication required to enrol in PhD program - is it common?“Full” versions versus “Preliminary” version of result/paper. Are they considered different?How can I prove that my article has not been submitted to another journal?Is there anything that has been tried to stop publication shopping