Resizing summation symbol in tufte-bookmaking a big summation sign

In the 1924 version of The Thief of Bagdad, no character is named, right?

Four married couples attend a party. Each person shakes hands with every other person, except their own spouse, exactly once. How many handshakes?

In what cases must I use 了 and in what cases not?

Hausdorff dimension of the boundary of fibres of Lipschitz maps

What exactly term 'companion plants' means?

What is the relationship between relativity and the Doppler effect?

How does one measure the Fourier components of a signal?

Open new file while keeping the focus on the the current buffer

What is the term when voters “dishonestly” choose something that they do not want to choose?

Is it insecure to send a password in a `curl` command?

Tikz: place node leftmost of two nodes of different widths

How do hiring committees for research positions view getting "scooped"?

How to generate binary array whose elements with values 1 are randomly drawn

gerund and noun applications

What does "Four-F." mean?

Writing in a Christian voice

Can a medieval gyroplane be built?

My friend is being a hypocrite

How to terminate ping <dest> &

PTIJ What is the inyan of the Konami code in Uncle Moishy's song?

HP P840 HDD RAID 5 many strange drive failures

Do I need to consider instance restrictions when showing a language is in P?

What should I install to correct "ld: cannot find -lgbm and -linput" so that I can compile a Rust program?

How can my new character not be a role-playing handicap to the party?



Resizing summation symbol in tufte-book


making a big summation sign













0















I am trying to increase the size of a summation symbol in tufte-book, and followed Stefan Kollwitz's approach here. While I indeed get the larger summation size (as desired), I also get annoying question marks.



documentclass[twoside,symmetric]tufte-book

usepackageamsmath

usepackagerelsize

begindocument

chapterFirst chapter

beginequation‎
‎cos x‎ ‎=‎ mathlargermathlarger‎‎sum_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎
endequation‎

enddocument


large summation sign, but annoying question marks



I'm not wedded to using amsmath and relsize, so any simple approach would be acceptable.



I also want to use limits, as in:



 sumlimits_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎


to place the limits clearly beneath and above the (larger) summation symbol.









share


























    0















    I am trying to increase the size of a summation symbol in tufte-book, and followed Stefan Kollwitz's approach here. While I indeed get the larger summation size (as desired), I also get annoying question marks.



    documentclass[twoside,symmetric]tufte-book

    usepackageamsmath

    usepackagerelsize

    begindocument

    chapterFirst chapter

    beginequation‎
    ‎cos x‎ ‎=‎ mathlargermathlarger‎‎sum_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎
    endequation‎

    enddocument


    large summation sign, but annoying question marks



    I'm not wedded to using amsmath and relsize, so any simple approach would be acceptable.



    I also want to use limits, as in:



     sumlimits_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎


    to place the limits clearly beneath and above the (larger) summation symbol.









    share
























      0












      0








      0








      I am trying to increase the size of a summation symbol in tufte-book, and followed Stefan Kollwitz's approach here. While I indeed get the larger summation size (as desired), I also get annoying question marks.



      documentclass[twoside,symmetric]tufte-book

      usepackageamsmath

      usepackagerelsize

      begindocument

      chapterFirst chapter

      beginequation‎
      ‎cos x‎ ‎=‎ mathlargermathlarger‎‎sum_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎
      endequation‎

      enddocument


      large summation sign, but annoying question marks



      I'm not wedded to using amsmath and relsize, so any simple approach would be acceptable.



      I also want to use limits, as in:



       sumlimits_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎


      to place the limits clearly beneath and above the (larger) summation symbol.









      share














      I am trying to increase the size of a summation symbol in tufte-book, and followed Stefan Kollwitz's approach here. While I indeed get the larger summation size (as desired), I also get annoying question marks.



      documentclass[twoside,symmetric]tufte-book

      usepackageamsmath

      usepackagerelsize

      begindocument

      chapterFirst chapter

      beginequation‎
      ‎cos x‎ ‎=‎ mathlargermathlarger‎‎sum_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎
      endequation‎

      enddocument


      large summation sign, but annoying question marks



      I'm not wedded to using amsmath and relsize, so any simple approach would be acceptable.



      I also want to use limits, as in:



       sumlimits_n=0^infty‎ frac(ix)^2n(2n)!‎‎


      to place the limits clearly beneath and above the (larger) summation symbol.







      relsize





      share












      share










      share



      share










      asked 4 mins ago









      David G. StorkDavid G. Stork

      25619




      25619




















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "85"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: false,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: null,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f480000%2fresizing-summation-symbol-in-tufte-book%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f480000%2fresizing-summation-symbol-in-tufte-book%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          strTok function (thread safe, supports empty tokens, doesn't change string)String case reverse function in CGet line from string functionTDD: String Calculator KataC - K&R getint() variationSimple function to generate an HTML-safe stringGeneric Pairing Heap PerformancePattern for writing a generic string transformation functionChange a string into a function/def activatorC++ string tokenizing without streams, with certain conditionsRead consecutive blanks in array

          How to write “ä” and other umlauts and accented letters in bibliography?Accents in BibTeXSorting references with special characters alphabeticallyUse ae ligature in bibliographyEastern European nameInverted circumflex in BibTexBibTex, non-ascii initials and nameptr fproblems with accent in LatexHow to add a Ø to my bibliography from Jabref?References without accentsTroubles when trying to cite St“omer-Verlet in ”title" field of a bib entryComprehensive list of accented charactersHow to type the letter “i” with two dots (diaeresis) in math mode?Problem with glossary text and accented lettersSpecial character in bibliographyAccented letters, Unicode and LaTeX accentsHow to stop natbib from modifying bibliography styleCitation of a paper with non-standard characters by BibtexWrite accented characters to file using writeHow to group the bibliography alphabetically, if some surnames start with “accented” characters?How can I automatically capitalize significant words in my bibliography?

          Title of papers that have not been submitted to a venue?How “submitted”, “to appear”, “accepted” papers are evaluated in a CV?What percentage of papers submitted to a conference or journal have been previously rejected in the same or another venue?How to automatically extract submitted/accepted dates of many journal papers?Is it okay/common/good to mention the submitted papers in my phd thesis?Can one determine whether somebody's work may have been plagiarized?How to describe a paper for which you have not yet submitted revisions in CV?JCR publication required to enrol in PhD program - is it common?“Full” versions versus “Preliminary” version of result/paper. Are they considered different?How can I prove that my article has not been submitted to another journal?Is there anything that has been tried to stop publication shopping